Global Mobility Specialist (Officer)
PwC – Global Mobility Specialist (Officer) – FTC 12 months – London
Summary: The Global Mobility (GM) team are a specialist function providing an expert global mobility service for the firm’s international assignee population.
There is a current requirement for a Global Mobility Specialist (GMS) to join the GM team, to offer operational support to the business and the GM team (working xLoS) on a fixed term contract basis for 12 months (maternity cover).
Reporting directly into a GM Consultant (GMC), this excellent opportunity offers direct contact with the GM global network and internal PwC functions e.g. IAS Tax, PwC Legal, payroll and HC Customer Services.
You will have experience in expatriate compensation and benefits, strong numerical and analytical skills and excellent communication skills.
The GMS role is crucial to the success of the international assignment. It is therefore envisaged that GMS’s will exhibit the following skills/experience:
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to support and influence line staff. Is aware of the audience and how any information communicated will be received. Able to produce written business communication, as appropriate
– Strong numeracy, analytical and spreadsheet skills with the ability to understand and explain complex concepts.
– Strong time management abilities including the proven ability to independently prioritise work and multi-task and willing to work without guidance.
– Strong relationship management skills including the proven ability to quickly build strong personal networks with customers and peers.
– Recent technical and in-depth experience in expatriate compensation and benefits, taxation and social security is desirable but not essential
– A demonstrated ability to train and coach others is desirable.
– CIPD or ATT qualified or licentiate member is desirable but not essential
– Has good understanding of firm’s services, and in particular of the tools used in GM activities and keeps up to date with professional and industry developments.
– Understands how own behaviour may impact others and modifies accordingly.
– Will think through the wider implications when making decisions and forms balanced, unbiased views based on the facts.
– Takes quick action to manage and effectively resolve problems, does not become demoralised.
– Stays calm under pressure and demonstrates ability to deal with an unhappy/demanding client.
– Demonstrates ability to respond quickly and appropriately to a client group that is critically important to our business and which due to its global spread operates 24 hours a day.
While not designed to be an exhaustive list, many of the specific responsibilities of the GMS are outlined below:
· Holds discussions with outbound international assignment candidates and assignees regarding opportunities and policy.
· Consults with GMC’s and GMS’s in the Global Mobility global network on assignee issues.
· Provides backup coverage to GMC during vacation and other absences as appropriate.
· Prepares and delivers routine management reports
· Prepares pre-assignment cost projections where required.
· Documents cost sharing arrangements.
· Shares cost projections, cost sharing arrangement and details of actual cost incurred with Finance team (FOCUS).
· Coordinates and instructs payment of vendor and inter territory invoices.
· Liaises with IAS Tax in relation to shadow payroll.
· Co-ordinates the annual data collect for UK tax return preparation as well as the overseas data requests.
· Coordinates the signing of Certificates of Sponsorship and maintenance letters.
· Coordinate and monitor third party vendors and the delivery of their services
· Project work, as assigned by GM team leader, GMC or GM Global Leadership
· Programme development liaison with Xerox.
· Liaising with the business regarding assignment extensions and localisation’s
Maintenance of the Income Protection Report.