Mobility Specialist x2
Location: Toronto, ON or Waterloo, ON Canada
Our Mobility team is expanding and is looking to find a Mobility Specialist who can dig in and own all things
related to Mobility!
As our team grows and expands, we need an expert who knows the ins and outs when it comes to
international assignments, permanent relocations, business travels and everything that goes into moving
talented people across the globe. Helping to relieve the stress that can come when new employees move
across the world, or answering the important questions of existing employees, this role will be an integral
part of the employee experience and will be pivotal in the success of our growth.
The role will:
• Have both a “builder” and a “roll up your sleeves” type of approach on all aspects of international
mobility including: tax, immigration, relocation, temporary assignments, business travel, commuters,
• Partner with candidates, employees, internal leads, HR, and outside parties such as our immigration
lawyers, tax specialists, and relocation vendors to facilitate high quality mobility services for permanent
relocations and temporary assignments.
• Bring your creative ideas to support the team with the design and strategy of mobility programs
including relocation, assignments, commuter, etc.
• Collaborate with Finance (payroll and tax) and legal on country specific financial/tax implications for
foreign workers/international assignments.
• Support compliance with current and past work permits and visas, and anticipate how company
changes/program roll outs may affect compliance.
• Initiate and manage industry mobility surveys and participate in special projects – translate this data &
work into taking our programs to the next level
• Work on other HR projects as needed.
We’re looking for…
• Experience working within and natural curiosity around all facets of Mobility on a global scale.
• In depth experience with international tax when it comes to supporting international assignments
• Passion for the employee experience (experience as an expat or assignee would be awesome).
• Knowledge of international compensation, social security, and tax.
• An understanding of immigration, balance sheets, the assignment cycle from start to finish, assignment
package preparation and international payroll/ allowance calculations.
• Ability to bring creativity to everything you do – let’s build something innovative and industry shattering
• Passion for continuous learning – going above and beyond to stay on top of mobility trends and
• Thrive in an ever-changing environment
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.shopify.com/careers/mobility-specialist-309279 - Toronto location, https://www.shopify.com/careers/mobility-specialist-3f03c6 - Waterloo location →